The CODGC Rebels held a meeting on August 14, 2013 at COCC's Cascades Hall. The summary of the meeting can be found below.
The complete meeting minutes can be accessed here: Meeting Minutes PDF.
People present: Janine Gunn, Sally West, Carey Dod, Matthew Hubbell, Justin Bringhurst, Ryan Lane, Rachael Keller, Dylan Sigstedt, Eric Henderson, Justin Ringer, Clark Calorino, Euland Calorino, Jeff Myers, Joshua Knowles, Jeremiah Johnson, Caleb Henson, Brian Belle, CJ Carpenter, Mike Ruzicka, Michael Harris
Discussion Point 1: What does everyone want to see out of the CODGC Rebels Club?
Brainstorming session...the following points were discussed:
- More courses
- Media awareness, Disc Golf Scene
- Response-Rebuilding structure
- Additional tournaments
- Work parties
- Distribute “weight” of responsibilities
- Shirts- tournament/swag
- Membership Items: Creation of database of members, Player Statistics, Data
- Name finalized: CODGC vs Rebels, History of Rebels CODGC, We are the Rebels
- Get involved
- Better attitude
- Regular meeting schedule
- Board meeting more often: Member monthly or bi monthly meeting
- New player development: Clinics
- Advertising: Business cards, FB, website
- “Player” development
- Structured practices
- Stats on longest throws, Putting, etc.
- Bag tag challenge day
- Club Positions: Board structure; not Pres, VP, etc., Community outreach coordinator
- Raise Sport Awareness
- Rebuild burnt bridges
- Course coordinators
- Adopt a course per person
Discussion Point 2: Club Positions/Roles.
Below are a list of proposed positions that were discussed along with the people who volunteered or were nominated for each position:
- Treasurer: Mike Ruzicka
- Secretary: Sally West
- Social Media Coordinators: Matt Hubbell, Carey Dod, Sally West, Justin Ringer
- Course coordinators:
- MAIN coordinator: Open for now
- Hyzer Pines: Steve Corfield (not present but nominated)
- Pine Nursery: Brian Belle, Euland + Clark Calorino
- COCC: Jeff Meyer
- Coyote's Den @ Crooked River Ranch: Jim Tobish (not present but nominated)
- Madras: TBD
- Black Butte: Jan Teehar (Course Contact- not final coordinator)
- Dry Canyon (Redmond): Justin Ringer
- New courses: Open
- Membership coordinator: Michael Harris, Janine Gunn
- Events coordinator/team: Justin Bringhurst, Ryan Lane (mentor)
- Fundraising Coordinator: Eric Henderson
The next meeting will be concerning Club Membership Ideas and will be held on August 21st @ 8:00 p.m. at Good Life Brewing in Bend.